Saturday, August 12, 2017

Mysterious Check from Hershey Chocolates

One day about 15 year ago, I got an envelope with Hershey's logo in mail. I opened it to find a letter and a $25 check made out to me. The letter, issued by a lawyer's office, announced that my name had been entered in one of Hershey Chocolates sweepstakes, and that I won $25. 

This mystified me as I didn't recall entering any kind of sweepstakes lately. Nobody I knew would confess up to entering my name, either. Anyway, I checked the lawyer's office on the Internet, and it appeared to be legitimate. Apparently, this office was used by Hershey to administer payouts of sweepstakes prizes. I deposited the check in my personal account, and to my relief, it went through. To this day, I never did find out who entered my name in the sweepstakes. Whoever you are, thank you. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment